Renoldflex is a new range of couplings that utilises a stainless spring steel disc pack to provide a positive 'backlash free' drive.
The coupling consists of two carbon steel hubs that are connected to the disc packs with a system of micrometric precision bushings and high tensile steel screws. This construction provides a backlash free and torsionally rigid drive with the additional benefit of a 100% steel construction.
The Renoldflex range of couplings is based upon a modular component assembly; therefore it can be easily adapted to suit a wide variety of applications and design situations:
The Renoldflex type A uses a single disc pack and two hubs. It permits both axial and angular misalignments. This arrangement guarantees the highest torsional stiffness for this range of couplings. A special vertical support can be produced to allow for vertical or inclined mounting of the type A arrangement.
The Renoldflex type B uses two disc packs, two hubs and a spacer. It permits axial, angular and radial misalignments. The spacer component can be supplied in several lengths to allow for different axial dimensions.
- Maximum power @ 100RPM - 45kW
- Maximum torque - 4298Nm
Features & Benefits
- Zero backlash: Ideal for use on synchronous machines or for machines with frequent starts, stops and reverses. Provides precision position control for applications where operational accuracy needs to be guaranteed.
- Torsional stiffness: The precision design of the spring steel disc pack guarantees a high torsional stiffness. This is an integral characteristic for applications on packaging machines, printing presses, machine tools and other precision machines.
- High operating temperatures: Renoldflex's 100% steel construction makes it suitable for use in a multitude of harsh and difficult operating environments including temperatures up to 240 deg C. Ideal for use in applications involving boiler feeds or high temperature liquid pumps.
- High operating speeds: Each Renoldflex component is machined to within very tight manufacturing tolerances for both concentricity and perpendicularity. This makes the couplings intrinsically suitable for operating on high speed applications, including in the presence of irregular or peak torques. This allows for an accurate transmission of angular velocity.
- Long life: The precision design and manufacture of the disc elements creates a perfect force distribution, which in conjunction with the tight manufacturing tolerances, eliminates all backlash. This ensures the Renoldflex coupling range has a long life with little to no wear.
- Maintenance free: Renoldflex is designed to be 100% maintenance free making it an ideal coupling for harsh, dangerous or remote operating environments. The all steel construction combined with the precision machined components removes the need for lubrication and the necessity for regular cleaning.
Standard Range Comprises
- General Industrial Applications
- Cast Iron Half Bodies
- Urethane disc - Temp range -40 to +80°C
- Rubber reinforced Disc - Temp range -40 to +90°C