Heavy duty worm gear unit for arduous applications having a size range of 10" to 28" nominal (250 - 710mm) centre distance. Available as single or double reduction units, with power capacity of up to 1500kW.
- Heavy duty design for high torque applications.
- Variety of unit types enables flexibility in design mounting
- Unique Holroyd tooth form provides high efficiency and product life.
- Optional protection for hostile and arduous environments.
- Interchangeable with David Brown Radicon
- Replacement for Flender Cavex
TW Series Worm Gear Product Features
- Phosphor bronze wormwheel rim electron beam welded onto cast iron centre on units up to size 14 to ensure maximum strength under shock load conditions.
- Unique Holroyd tooth profile for maximum torque capacity and optimum efficiency.
- Provision for synthetic lubricants for the transmission of higher torques where a more compact drive package is required.
- Two piece close grain cast iron gear case for strength and absorption of vibration for quiet running.
- Sprag clutch backstop option to prevent drive reversals.
- Heavy duty taper roller bearings fitted for maximum load capacity and long life.
- Enhanced sealing is available using a grease packed labyrinth system for use in hostile environments.